Huckleberry Picking





We found the perfect spot! With lots of hot spots of huckleberry super bushes, the kind where you can just sit down in one place and pick and pick, almost filling your cup until you need to get up and move again because you start having to reach too far. In our huckleberry base camp they were all around us so that we could just reach behind our chairs and pick some to put in our bagels for lunch. We all had huckleberry picker fingers, then people see them and know what you have been doing, they ask where you go to pick, but no one ever tells, it's a secret. We did make a geocache called Huckleberry Hound while we were there but I put it in a general spot at the start of the canyon where there are some bushes, but they are always picked over. I would never give away our picking secret like that.


I did try to save the exact spot we went to this year on my GPS but then after leaving I realized that I forgot to save it to a file and lost it. So I guess that it is true that once you leave you can't return to Huckleberry Shangrila.

No comments: